EMERGENCY SCHOOL CLOSINGS
In the event that it is necessary for the Superintendent to close schools for a full day, delay the start of the school day, or close schools early due to inclement weather or other emergencies, announcements will be made on the following television and radio stations:
Radio: WFPG-AM (1450); WFPG-FM (96.9); WPUR-FM CAT COUNTRY (107.3);
Television: KYW Channel 3; WPVI Channel 6; NBC Channel 10; and
NBC 40 Channel 4
Stations will report one of two closing announcements:
All Egg Harbor City Public Schools Closed, which means:
· Students do not attend schools.
· All school-sponsored activities canceled.
· Attendance by staff is based on appropriate collective bargaining agreement or administrative directives.
All Egg Harbor City Public Schools to Open Two Hours Late, which means:
· Students report two hours later than normal school starting time.
· Employees report to work based on appropriate collective bargaining agreement or administrative directives.
On days when schools are closed due to weather conditions, all after-school and evening activities, both school and non-school related, scheduled in school facilities are canceled.
During an emergency or adverse weather conditions, we request that you do not call your child’s school or District Office as it is important to keep phone lines free for emergency calls.
Make-up days will be added at the end of the school year in June.
The District also utilizes the Connect-ED communication system to report emergency school closing information directly to parents/guardians.